Applicants may register for eligibility to sit for the HWC Certifying Examination during the Application Period. Please review the Bulletin of Information for information about the application process and the HWC Certifying Examination. All eligibility documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Period||Exam Dates|
|First Exam||February 1 – May 15, 2017 (Closed)||September 1-16, 2017|
|Second Exam||January 2 – March 15, 2018||June 15 – 30, 2018|
|Third Exam||May 1 – June 30, 2018||November 1 – 15, 2018|
Steps To Apply:
- Create an account at www.nbme.org/HWC (this link will not be live until the Application Period begins).
- Pay to register for the exam
- Submit the following documents as PDFs in one email to email@example.com.
- If you completed an Approved Transition Program:
- If you did not completed an Approved Transition Program:
- Eligibility Cover Sheet
- HWC Education Declaration document or Work Experience Log
- ICHWC Coaching Log
- 1,000-Hours of HWC Experience Documentation form (in lieu of completing an approved transition program)
- Complete three private mentor coaching sessions with an Approved Mentor Coach and submit the Mentor Coach Completion form provided by your Mentor Coach. To review the Mentor Coaching Process for the Portfolio Pathway, download the Mentor Process for the Portfolio Pathway.
- Once all documents are received, you will hear your eligibility status within 30 days.
- To check your status, please login to your account at ww.nbme.org/HWC.
- Once you are approved, you will receive a Scheduling Permit.
- To find your Scheduling Permit, please login to your account at ww.nbme.org/HWC.
- Once you have your Scheduling Permit, schedule your exam at Prometric Testing
- Study and take the exam!
Please review the Bulletin of Information for more details on the test and testing process.
For studying purposes, please review the HWC Certifying Examination Content Outline (updated to include resources on May 9, 2017).